Saturday, February 13, 2016

What Am I Going To Do With My Life?

Hello, my name is Dia Morgan, and my business card says I’m a songwriter, creative thinker, and enthusiast at life, but above all that, I’d consider myself an entertainer. In 138 days I’m going to be wearing a cap and gown, walking across the stage at Full Sail University as I receive my Bachelor’s of Science in Music Production. I’ll still be 20 years old, taking on life as a full fledged adult, supposedly ready for the real world. 

I feel like a walking contradiction because I could not be more excited to take on my future at full force, yet the idea alone makes me quiver in fear. I have no idea what city I’ll be living in, what job I’ll have, or even what I’m doing with my life. All I know that I want to spread positive vibes to as many people as possible.

Recently, I’ve been taking time to understand who I am and what the world around me is all about, and I’ve decided I shouldn’t be the only both learning from and laughing at my stories. So, through music, videos, and blogging, I want to share the my life and the wisdom I’ve gained, past, present, and future.

One of the series I’ll be posting is going to be called “Memoirs of an ADHD Kid.” Although publicizing some of my biggest mistakes and insecurities, including getting expelled from 4th grade, scares me more than becoming an adult, I feel that I shouldn’t be the only one growing from my past, and if someone is going through the same thing, they should know they aren’t alone. Many of these posts will have a song to accompany them, since many of my original songs have stemmed from these experiences.

But the past is in the past, and as long as we learned from it, what’s important is the present and the future. That’s why I’ll be exploring current issues I struggle with myself, and that modern America and beyond are facing. I hope to encapsulate all of that, and throw some random videos, posts, and songs purely to put a smile on your face.

Starting tomorrow, I’ll be posting new material every Sunday. No matter what I am posting, I’ll be sharing the links on Twitter, on my Facebook page, and on my blog, which is automatically linked to my website (all links will be at the bottom). 

So, welcome to my life as Dia Morgan, I cannot wait to hear what you think.

WHERE YOU CAN FIND ME

No comments:

Post a Comment